32” Areca Palms
Adopting and caring for Areca Palms
Adopting: Areca Palms are the most loved species of tropical plants in the world. At eplants we have brought together bushy, well-grown, multi-stalk plants that are ready to create a tropical vibe right out of the box.
Locating: Continuous strong, direct sun will scorch the leaves of an Areca Palm. So these plants do best in brighter areas that offer filtered light. Too little light can make these plants dull and listless. So if you are setting them up in an area with low light it’s best to rotate them to a brighter area once every two or three weeks.
Potting: Like all tropical plants Areca Palms need rich, well-drained soils that have been fortified with organic material. So it is ideal to mix good quantities of compost into the potting mix. A blend of coco-peat, compost and river sand in a 30:50:20 ratio should help your plant to do well.
Watering: Areca Palms like regular watering, especially if they are growing in pots, even though they can’t stand waterlogged conditions, a good, well-draining potting mixture is ideal to keep your plant happy
Fertilising: If you have provided your Areca Palm with a good quality potting mix, there is little else you need to do. However, if you are keen on feeding them, use an organic liquid fertiliser. If you are using a chemical mix, dilute them to have the prescribed strength and fertilise them once in a few months. Do ensure that the chemicals don’t come in contact with the base of the palm or its leaves.
Areca Palm are extremely easy to grow. Their ability to endure some time in low light settings make them very popular indoor plants. Any garden or home space looking to add a modern, tropical vibe to it could do well with a few palms thrown in.
Did you know
Did you know: The now common and easily available Areca Palm was once on the verge of extinction.
Delivery and Care instructions
- All our ingredients are sourced fresh and are of the highest quality
- Cake images are only for reference. Cake stands and other props are used for illustrative purpose only
- All cakes are handcrafted by our chefs hence the final product may have variations in colour and design from the website images
- Our kitchens handle ingredients like wheat and nuts and there is a risk of cross-contact and the presence of allergens in some of our products
- Your cake will be delivered in a hygienic & sturdy cardboard cake box
- Non-edible items such as toothpicks, dowels, skewers or wires used to give support to fondant figurines need to be removed before serving
- We use only high-quality food grade edible colouring. However, the colour from cream cakes has a staining tendency. The staining on skin is non-toxic and will fade away after a couple of washes.
- Substitutions of flavours, designs or colours may be needed due to temporary unavailability of ingredients.
- Cream cakes should be stored in a refrigerator. Fondant cakes should be stored in a cool place.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator 5 minutes before cutting/serving
- Do not freeze the cake
- Do not keep cakes near sunlight or warm places
- Cream cakes can be stored in the fridge for approx. 2 days
- Fondant cakes do not need refrigeration and have a shelf life of 1 day only
- Tips to get clean cake slices:
- - Dip any knife in hot water, immediately wipe with a clean towel and cut the cake
- - Wipe the knife after cutting every slice for a smooth & clean cut