6” Moon Cactus Dark Burgundy
Moon Cactus Dark Burgundy
With over 2000 species and about 140 genera of plants, Cacti evolved in the deserts of North and South Americas. Mexico has the greatest number of Cacti species in any country. While these are plants that grow in arid regions, the hybrid varieties are known to thrive in the right growing conditions, anywhere.
Adopting and caring for Moon Cactus Dark Burgundy
Adopting: Adding a healthy Cacti to a plant collection is a feeling only a plant parent can understand. At eplants, we bring you display-ready plants with high-quality growth, compact shape and well-formed specimens
Locating: Cacti needs bright light. So set the plants up in a sunny spot in your home or office. While they love the sun, they can also be grown under artificial fluorescent lights like the ones in the office
Potting: Since Cacti have a tiny root structure, you don?t need to re-pot them every year. Once in 3-4 years is ideal. While re-potting, Cacti requires soil that?s pebbly, sandy, porous and one that provides excellent drainage and aeration. The right type of soil will need to dry quickly after you water the plant. A good mix of 30:30:20:20 of coco-peat, coarse sand, compost and perlite is ideal for Cacti
Watering: Cacti have adapted to live with little or no rain for months. So it’s only natural that you don’t overwater these plants. A few drops of water every month is all they need. Overwatering could result in rot setting into the root and eventually,?the loss of plant life
Fertilising: Most Cacti grow slowly, hence require very little in terms of feeding. If you must fertilise, give them some organic liquid fertiliser once or twice a year. Dilute it in water as described on the pack and add little to each pot as part of your watering routine
Ancient and rugged Cacti have no parallel in the natural world. They are as decorative as they are surreal. A colourful globe can emerge from a grey-green base, and magnificent flowers can appear amidst the spikes. If you are a plant lover, you could consider adding a few of these hardy, prickly plants to your collection.
Did you know
A well-cared-for Moon Cactus is known to live for 50 to 130 years.
Delivery and Care instructions
- All our ingredients are sourced fresh and are of the highest quality
- Cake images are only for reference. Cake stands and other props are used for illustrative purpose only
- All cakes are handcrafted by our chefs hence the final product may have variations in colour and design from the website images
- Our kitchens handle ingredients like wheat and nuts and there is a risk of cross-contact and the presence of allergens in some of our products
- Your cake will be delivered in a hygienic & sturdy cardboard cake box
- Non-edible items such as toothpicks, dowels, skewers or wires used to give support to fondant figurines need to be removed before serving
- We use only high-quality food grade edible colouring. However, the colour from cream cakes has a staining tendency. The staining on skin is non-toxic and will fade away after a couple of washes.
- Substitutions of flavours, designs or colours may be needed due to temporary unavailability of ingredients.
- Cream cakes should be stored in a refrigerator. Fondant cakes should be stored in a cool place.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator 5 minutes before cutting/serving
- Do not freeze the cake
- Do not keep cakes near sunlight or warm places
- Cream cakes can be stored in the fridge for approx. 2 days
- Fondant cakes do not need refrigeration and have a shelf life of 1 day only
- Tips to get clean cake slices:
- - Dip any knife in hot water, immediately wipe with a clean towel and cut the cake
- - Wipe the knife after cutting every slice for a smooth & clean cut