Kouzina Cloud Kitchen Franchise - Be a part of the next big food revolution in India
A significant part of the consumers in India are already ordering food online. This trend is only continuing to grow and at a very fast pace.
You as a food entrepreneur have a lot of options. Be one of the early movers and set up a businessu that will profit from this wave of online food ordering. Learn How.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Cloud Kitchen?
Cloud Kitchen is a commercial kitchen which is primarily selling on online food platforms like Swiggy, Zomato, Amazon and through its own website channels. Significant part of the business is from online sales with limited take-away and deliveries. There is no customer seating and dine-in in such establishments.Since there are no dine-in customers, multiple brands can be run from the same kitchen, increasing the overall orders you receive while also improving the efficiency of operations.
What are the advantages of a Cloud Kitchen compared to a regular restaurant?
Cloud Kitchens enjoy significant advantages over a regular restaurant
- Lower rentals since the location need not be on high street. Customers find you through the online ordering platforms and for this your kitchen does not have to be on expensive rental zones.
- Minimal investment overall and specifically on interiors and customer seating as compared to a dine-in restaurant
- Very low costs of changing locations in case business does not pick up
- Ability to run multiple brands from the same kitchen, leading to increased operational efficiencies
- Ease of running the business remotely since orders, metrics and all other data is available remotely.
- Sharp focus on metrics and reviews coming in from customers every day allow you to keep improving and be the best on the online platforms
- Easy changing of the levers of discounting, advertisements, menu and price changes are available to ensure business is performing optimally, which is very difficult in offline restaurants
- Very minimal wastage since everything is designed to be made after the order is received.
Are Cloud Kitchens growing in India? What opportunities exist?
Online food ordering market, led by Cloud Kitchens, is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 16.2% to reach $17Bn in India by 2023 with 200m customers ordering online. More and more people are comfortable ordering online and this trend is growing rapidly aided by
- Increasing income leading to aspirations to try out new food and cuisines and compounded by busy schedules leading to reduced cooking at home
- Convenience of getting the best food delivered right at home, any time of the day and in any weather conditions
- Avoid the hassle of traffic and parking in city center areas
- Safe and involves less interaction which is critical in the post Covid world
Is Cloud Kitchen right for my city?
Online food aggregators are available in more than 500 cities in India and continuing to expand. Please connect with us and we will help you in determining the suitability of Cloud Kitchens at your location. In smaller cities, we may tweak this model to ensure there is enough space for take-aways.
Tell me about Kouzina Food Tech Private Limited
Kouzina Food Tech Private Limited is a leader in the Cloud Kitchen business with over 40 kitchens across multiple cities. Started in 2013 by founders with deep expertise in food retailing, ecommerce, technology and online markets, the company has rapidly grown in the last few years leveraging the Cloud Kitchen model. The company is backed by some of the best investors from across the globe and has a vision of setting up a 1000 kitchens across the country in the next 3 years.
You can find the profile of our founders here
Gautam Balijepalli, CEO https://www.linkedin.com/in/balli/
Mahesh Madiyala, COO https://www.linkedin.com/in/mahesh-madiyala-6242564/
Sumit Gupta, CTO https://www.linkedin.com/in/sumitguptabang/
Rohankumar Rao Head of Operations https://www.linkedin.com/in/rohankumar-rao-931b5b9a/
What are the brands that I will run?
Kouzina operates in the categories of cakes, desserts, ice creams, shakes and fast food like burgers and rolls. These categories are chosen since they have a great demand irrespective of the geographical location and are not affected by local preferences.
Also visit our website www.warmoven.in to view our products available through our own delivery.
|SL.No||Kouzina Brands||Main Cuisine||Sample Menu|
|1||WarmOven – Cakes and Desserts||Fresh Cakes, Theme and Custom cakes, Desserts||Click Here|
|2||Indiana Burgers||Indian themed Burgers||Click Here|
|3||Burger It Up||Premier Burger Range||Click Here|
|4||Kaatizone||Rolls and Wraps||Click Here|
|5||Slurpy Shakes||Milkshakes & Thick Shakes||Click Here|
|6||The Dessert Zone||Desserts and Pastries||Click Here|
|7||Sundae Everyday||Ice cream and Sundae||Click Here|
|8||Cupcake Bliss||Cupcakes and Desserts||Click Here|
WarmOven is our primary brand. Fresh cakes, available on demand and as per customers requirement of size and flavor and the convenience of home delivery has made WarmOven the biggest online bakery brand in the country.
There are many companies that offer franchising opportunities. Why should I partner with Kouzina Food Tech Private Limited?
You as a food entrepreneur have a lot of options for franchising. However consider the following aspects before choosing the right option
- Unlike other franchisors, Kouzina actively helps you receive orders by managing your restaurant page on Swiggy, Zomato and other food aggregators and will put our best practices into play. This will drive a significant number of online orders. Additionally our website www.warmoven.in receives a lot of orders which will be channelled to you in your city/territory
- Kouzina team has strong expertise in menu definition, pricing, discounting, and increasing visibility to push more online orders which will be implemented in discussion with you. Traditional offline franchises have very limited options to help you on these fronts
- Cloud Kitchen model takes away the risk of getting the location right, reduces wastage significantly compared to any of the offline players
- Multiple brands increase efficiency in the kitchen and lead to higher number of orders from same location
- Kouzina supports you in maintaining trained workforce with on demand support for training, virtual training videos and continuous assessments for all your staff
- State of the art technology platform and reports to ensure smooth and efficient operations and daily visibility into metrics and customer ratings.
- Lower initial investment, lower risks and faster payback period as compared to other franchise options
What support will I get from Kouzina?
Kouzina team will help you through every stage of the journey and will always be there to lean on as you scale the business.
- Help in finding the right location, set up and operationalizing the kitchen including equipment purchase, supplier introduction and online aggregator onboarding.
- Our brand team will work with you to drive online orders and website orders to your kitchens. We will leverage our expertise to make you one of the top brands in your city.
- We will provide ongoing support to ensure you have the best trained staff, help you with the implementation of best in class inventory management and process support
- Menu changes from time to time, best packaging and online activities to keep customer engaged
- Continuous brand building through online marketing and social media activity like facebook, google ads, instagram posts etc to help build brand awareness
What is expected from me?
Your role as a franchisee is very critical in ensuring the business is a success. You should be a dynamic individual passionate about food. Additionally, you should be
- An aspiring food entrepreneur with local knowledge of the city, with interest to spend at least a couple of hours a week to manage operations and review the business growth.
- Having financial capability to invest about INR 20 laks
- Networked to drive bulk orders, party orders and website orders for cakes and theme cakes
- Ability to use technology and ensure process compliance and metrics adherence.
- Manage local on the ground operations, licenses etc. You should have a local accountant and auditor to manage the P&L and all required regulatory filings
How much capital investment is required? What is the ROI?
Initial investment required is as follows.
|Total Investment||20 Lacs|
|Kitchen + Setup Cost||15 Lacs|
|Franchise Fee||5 Lacs|
|Expected R.O.I||1.5 Years|
* Approximate – Depends on the city, location and demand expected there may be some changes to this.
Im Interested, what are the next steps?
Excited about starting this journey? Please fill up the following form and submit. We will reach out to you shortly.
Kouzina Food Tech Pvt Ltd is not responsible for the performance, profitability or sales of the Franchisee and has not made any representation to the Franchisee as to the performance, profitability or sales that may result from the operation of the Franchise. Franchisees have to independently review the business prospects based on the location, brands, operational complexity and estimate the revenues and profitability of the business.