18” Anthurium Purple – Medium
Anthurium Purple – Small
Low maintenance schedules, year-round flowers, and tolerance from pests and diseases make Anthurium among the easiest plants to grow. Add to this their stunning, long-lasting blooms and they are among the most sought-after indoor flowering plants in the world. With over 1000 varieties, some of them coveted for their spectacular leaf variations, these Aroids are enjoying the spotlight, around the world.
Adopting and caring for Anthurium Purple – Small
Adopting: Adding the sophisticated Anthurium to a plant collection is a feeling only a plant parent can understand. At eplants, we bring you display-ready healthy plants with high-quality growth, beautiful flowers, and well-formed leaves.
Locating: Anthuriums have evolved in the undergrowth of tropical forests, so they need shaded or filtered light. Set the plant up in a bright spot in your home or office. Direct sun will damage the plant, so give them indirect light as best as you can. They can also be grown under artificial fluorescent lights like the ones in the office.
Potting: An Anthurium does not need any special type of potting mix. Being tropical natives, they do well in any well-drained potting soil, rich with organic material. Use a mix of coco-peat, compost, sand in 20:60:20 ratio.
Watering: Overwatering is the chief cause of disease or loss of plant life. While they need regular watering, do ensure that you don?t overdo it. To get plants to show off their glossy leaves and plastic-like flowers, it is best to wipe their leaves clean with moist tissue or cloth once every month. In drier months, misting them a few times a week will help improve humidity around the plant, helping them flourish.
Fertilising: Feeding your Anthurium a few times a year is a good way to get them to bloom regularly. Give them some organic liquid fertiliser once or twice a year. Dilute it in water as described on the pack and add a little to each pot as part of your watering routine. If you are using a chemical fertiliser do ensure that you keep it away from the plant and its base.
An Anthurium, with its unique character, adds an air of sophistication to any indoor or outdoor setting. These plants are easy to care for and flower freely if they have been provided with a good potting substrate. If your plant is set in an indoor location with very little light, it’s best to rotate the plant to a spot with better light, like a window, or a balcony. Ensure that these locations do not bring harsh, direct light onto the plants.
Did you know?
The ‘flower’ of an Anthurium is not really a flower, but a spathe or modified leaf that evolved to protect its spadix that contains tiny male and female flowers.
Delivery and Care instructions
- All our ingredients are sourced fresh and are of the highest quality
- Cake images are only for reference. Cake stands and other props are used for illustrative purpose only
- All cakes are handcrafted by our chefs hence the final product may have variations in colour and design from the website images
- Our kitchens handle ingredients like wheat and nuts and there is a risk of cross-contact and the presence of allergens in some of our products
- Your cake will be delivered in a hygienic & sturdy cardboard cake box
- Non-edible items such as toothpicks, dowels, skewers or wires used to give support to fondant figurines need to be removed before serving
- We use only high-quality food grade edible colouring. However, the colour from cream cakes has a staining tendency. The staining on skin is non-toxic and will fade away after a couple of washes.
- Substitutions of flavours, designs or colours may be needed due to temporary unavailability of ingredients.
- Cream cakes should be stored in a refrigerator. Fondant cakes should be stored in a cool place.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator 5 minutes before cutting/serving
- Do not freeze the cake
- Do not keep cakes near sunlight or warm places
- Cream cakes can be stored in the fridge for approx. 2 days
- Fondant cakes do not need refrigeration and have a shelf life of 1 day only
- Tips to get clean cake slices:
- - Dip any knife in hot water, immediately wipe with a clean towel and cut the cake
- - Wipe the knife after cutting every slice for a smooth & clean cut